The donut pan arrived late in the week and of course we needed to try it out right away. If I’d known it was this easy to make healthy donuts everyone would enjoy I’d have bought a pan years ago…and another pan too as this one only makes 6 at a time. I must add that the pan is fabulous, easy to clean and donuts slide out easily when greased with coconut oil.
The kiddos loved them and ran door to door on our cul-de-sac, sharing with anyone who would open the door. 😉
Do you make donuts and what are your favorite recipes? xo ~ katrina
whole wheat chocolate glaze donuts
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup raw/turbinado sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup almond coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine all but chocolate chips & coconut oil in mixer or blender.
2. Preheat convection oven to 300°F (325 if not using convection)
3. Grease donut pan with coconut oil and fill 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 10 min (12-15 minutes without convection).
5. While baking, melt chocolate in a small pan on low heat.
6. Allow donuts to cool a couple minutes, but pour chocolate glaze on top while still warm so it slips all over the yummy donuts.
7. Top with your favorite sprinkles, nuts, etc.