The dancer was so excited to cook in the new kitchen. She began flipping through my recipe books & decided we needed banana bread for dinner. Don’t worry, I convinced her to add a few more items to the menu.
After we readied the bread, she went to work in the pantry picking out berries to make a fruit salad and then cut carrots & celery while I prepared some chicken. Later she and her brothers carried some of the warm bread to our neighbor. Watching the joy she found in the process warmed my heart. I hope she will always find joy in the journey…relish each part of baking, creating, or simply breathing…life is beautiful watching her learn & grow!
kamut chia banana bread
2 cups kamut berries
1/2 cup millers bran
1/2 cup raw wheat germ
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup chia seeds
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons almond milk
2/3 cup butter
4 ripe bananas
1. Grind/blend kamut, bran, wheat germ & sugar (if your sugar is as hard as a rock as ours is).
2. Add to remaining ingredients (except bananas) in mixer and combine till smooth.
3. Carefully mix in bananas without over mixing.
4. Pour batter into a buttered 8×8 pan or two 8×4 loaf pans.
5. Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting & slathering with butter, honey, & berries 😉
What have you been making with your loved ones lately? xo, katrina
You hot a great helper there in your kitchen! Your banana kamut creation looks so tasty & appetizing too! MMMMMMMMMM!
I made thistasty special banana bread 2 days ago & loved it too! Yeahhhh,…My hobby Peter loved it too! 😉
Oh hooray! So happy you and Peter enjoyed it! xo