The kiddos and I made fairy cakes Sunday evening while the designer was at a meeting. We were all pleasantly surprised with the taste. I was treated for my grain allergies this past week. It sounds like I’ll still need to do another treatment tomorrow just of “wheat” separately, but it is a very positive start.
Hope has filled my heart ever since the kiddos’ bodies began accepting phosphorus. I know. There is too much to write and much to explain, but right now…let’s talk whole wheat fairy cakes!
1/2 c butter, softened
4 tbs raw sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs almond milk
- Seriously, so easy: place all in blender except almond milk.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Add milk and blend until you have a drippy batter consistency.
- Bake in mini muffin pan at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
4 tbs butter
2 c raw sugar
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 tbs coconut oil
food coloring (if desired…we only used one drop each of red and blue)
- make sure blender is dry, pulse raw sugar until it is white (yup: homemade powdered sugar)
- add remaining except coloring and pulse until smooth
- pour into bowl and add desired color before icing cooled fairy cakes