This week, the kiddos and I have been focusing on two items: color identity and mixing for the dancer, and alphabet recognition and writing for the builder. Using a favorite book from the library, A Day with No Crayons,by Elizabeth Rusch,
1. art stick colors– using the our latest favorite medium, we decided names for each stick, ie. true blue, lavender, crimson red, bubble gum pink, grass green.
4. outdoor chalk drawing – an entire weekly adventure writing and drawing.
Spelt Sugar Cookies
1/4 c butter
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 peanut butter
scant 1/2 c raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 c. spelt flour
3/4 c brown rice flour
1. Cream butter, sugar, and coconut oil. Add eggs and vanilla, and peanut butter and mix until smooth.
2. Gradually mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Roll out dough and use cookie cutters to create shapes.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before frosting.
Makes 3 dozen cookies