I can’t say enough about Nigella Lawson’s How to Be A Domestic Goddess, except: go get a copy…used that is, as it’s out of print. Hoping she’ll have another edition out soon as this is my favorite bridal shower gift I received and I hope to pass out many more (wink wink publishers).
We’ve made these babies many times…changed their size & some ingedients of course. Some gooey-er than others, but all so very delicious. This is a double recipe because they go so very fast, enjoy!
spelt/whole wheat molten lava cakes
1/2 cup butter
24 ounces chocolate or chips
1 cup raw cane sugar (I’ve been wanting to try raw honey here but my little bakers are skeptical lol)
8 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup spelt flour or whole wheat pastry flour
coconut oil for greasing muffin pan
fleur du sel or sea salt
1. Melt butter & chocolate and allow it to cool a bit before adding it to other ingredients.
2. In mixer, combine remaining ingredients with chocolate till smooth.
3. Grease 12-hole muffin pan with coconut oil and preheat convection oven to 375°F. (400° if not using convection)
4. Spoon batter till 3/4 of each muffin trough is full and bake for 9 minutes. (For mini muffin pan 3-4 minutes.)
5. Depending on how gooey you like them you can keave them in the pans a few minutes or immediately tip them out and serve with a pinch of salt a top.
Oh yummy, enjoy!
I would love to try to make these gluten-free. http://www.bygracecakes.com
The magic in these treats is the eggs. Since you don’t need very much grain I think you could easily substitute the 2/3 cup with gf oat, coconut, or almond flour or a combination of them. Really any gf mix will work great!