The kiddos and I had just spent a wonderfully warm afternoon swimming with friends (and yes, I forgot the swim bag on the entry bench…again, though we were a mere half mile from the condo, so we swam more modestly this time!) Thanks again Camille for inviting us…we all had a blast.
When we returned home, it seemed a shame to let the fun end…so we pulled out our cookbooks and mixer. We decided on some brownies in Nigella Lawson’s How to Be a Domestic Goddess. Nigella was right: we need to make brownies more often…they really are “so easy and so wonderful!” So make a batch, sit back, and enjoy this special treat.
(Of course we changed it a bit):
1 c butter
2/3 c coconut oil
1 3/4 c semi sweet chocolate
6 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1/2 c honey
1/4 c raw sugar
1 1/2 c spelt flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease a 9×13″ baking pan.
- Melt butter, coconut oil, and chocolate in a medium size pan on medium heat. Stir often to make sure chocolate isn’t burning on the bottom.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- After the chocolate is melted, remove it from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add to the mixer and combine.
- Add the nuts, flour and salt.
- Beat all ingredients until smooth and scrape into baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool in pan. (It will still be gooey when you take it out, but continue to cook in the pan.
makes about 4 dozen wonderfully tasty brownies