Last summer I wrote about the creativity I see within the women in my life. I think it is too easy to say, “I’m not creative, I don’t sew, paint, decorate, or play the piano…” or “I wish I were more creative.” Sure, there are ways that each of us could be more creative. But today, I submit that creativity is a choice.
I believe that our maker made each of us to create. That one of our missions in this life is to create. To make something new, to become something more. No, we won’t create in the same way, nor will we create the same things. Though, I believe that we all have the capacity to create, and that using and developing that capacity is, in fact, a choice. A decision we each make, every single day.
Here are 16 ways that we can choose to create each day:
- Happiness – Choose to create happiness in the lives of those around us and within ourselves.
- Beauty – Choose to create beauty wherever we go, whatever we do. Create a beautiful outlook.
- Learning – Choose to create a life of learning. Choose to create a place of learning for our family.
- A Home – Choose to create a home of safety and peace for those we love.
- Satisfaction – Choose to create and foster satisfaction at work, at home, in every aspect of our life. Be happy with less.
- Spiritual Growth – Choose to create spiritual growth within ourselves and find opportunities to teach our children.
- Laughter – Choose to create laughter throughout our day, when times are difficult, when others need a lift.
- Love – Choose to create love. Choose to love and be loved.
- Optimism – Choose to create optimism and shut out the negativity that can so easily creep into our lives.
- Savings – Choose to create a debt-free life, a life of financial security, a life of saving.
- Faith – Choose to create a life of faith. Believing in that which our heart testifies to be true. Create strength with that faith.
- Joy – Choose to create joy everyday. Set goals and have the determination to find that joy.
- Peace – Choose to create peace. Allow it to shut out the hate that causes so much pain.
- Friendship – Choose to create friendship. Make time for those that we love and nourish true friendships.
- Health – Choose to create a healthy lifestyle for ourselves and for our families. Be an example and strength to those around us that seek healthy lives as well.
- Miracles – Choose to create blessings and miracles within the lives of others: those that we love, those that we know, and those that we may not know but surely could use a helping hand. Choose to serve by listening to our heart.
It’s a long list. It can be longer. Does it help you see where you are creating every day? We may not all sew, paint, play a musical instrument, but we all can choose to create. Make a goal with me. Let us choose another way we can be creative.
Take a minute and remind yourself that you are creative. That you can become more creative. That you can choose to be creative.
Join me. Choose to be a Divine Woman. Choose to Create!