As we embarked on our Snowman Cookie adventure (requested by the builder), I decided we should try and make them without wheat (in case they were good and I didn’t want to risk the temptation). So here are the best gluten-free cookies we’ve made yet (as declared by the designer– our tasting expert):
2 c GF Cookie Lady’s Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
1/4 c coconut oil
1/3 c turbinado sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
2 egg yolks
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In mixer, beat butter, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract, until creamy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in egg yolks.
3. Add flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Form into balls of three different sizes. Place the balls next to each other (like a snowman)on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, flatten the balls.
6. Bake for 14 minutes. When the cookies have cooled, frost them to your liking. 🙂
Pingback: delight - advent countdown « the daily delights
Pingback: delight - advent countdown 10: snowball cookies, healthier and gluten-free « the daily delights
Pingback: kiddo daily delights - valentine by carol carrick « the daily delights